COVID POLICY UPDATE:
Attention to all of our clients. We have made a slight policy change regarding our current curbside service. Our goal is to slowly open in the safest way possible for all of our staff, clients, and furry family members.
We are still operating on a curbside basis. Please call our office for service and we will direct you further. Our phone lines have been busier than usual (we've even added lines) and we are answering them as promptly as we can! We ask for your continued patience.
For food pick up, prescription refills, technician appointments, and drop off appointments (including surgery and sedation) our policy is still the same. We will handle everything over the phone and a staff member will meet you outside to pick up your pet or place items on the bench.
For doctor's appointments we are now have 2 options:
Curbside (what we've been doing):
- Call from the parking lot to check in and wait for a technician to be matched with you.
- The technician will call you back to get your pet's history over the phone.
- The technician will meet you outside and bring your pet in while you wait in your car in the parking lot.
- The doctor will call you to discuss exam findings, and any questions or concerns.
- A receptionist will call you for payment over the phone and once all of your paperwork and medications are together, everything including your pet will be brought out.
In person (NEW):
- Call from the parking lot to check in. You will either be asked to come directly into an exam room or asked to wait in your car for a call back – depending on if we have an exam room open at the time. We are trying to avoid having people in our lobby.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE COMING IN: We are allowing only one person per each animal (euthanasias we allow two). That person must be wearing a mask that is properly covering their nose and mouth regardless of vaccine status. We ask that you do not leave the exam room unless absolutely necessary.
- The doctor will do the exam with you and your pet in the room.
- After the exam your technician will run your payment up to the front desk while you wait in the room.
Please help us make this new adjustment run as smoothly as possible! Again, please make sure no matter what you are here for you call first and a staff member will direct you further. We look forward to seeing more of your friendly faces in person again!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our new policy, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Prairie View Animal Hospital welcomes you to our website!
Prairie View Animal Hospital in DeKalb, IL is a full service companion animal hospital. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages; and complete medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your family and are dedicated to becoming your partner in your pet's health care. We treat your pet as we would our own. Our goal is to practice the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner.
At this site, you will find information about our practice philosophy, our services, Helpful Forms to assist you and an extensive Pet Medical Library for you to search for additional pet health care information.
PVAH serves families in the DeKalb County area including the towns of DeKalb, Sycamore, Cortland, Rochelle, Genoa, Kirkland, and all other surrounding cities.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our veterinary practice and the services we offer. We welcome your comments and suggestions. Please contact us at (815) 756-9976 for all your pet health care needs.
We are proud to display the emblem identifying us as an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), an organization dedicated to the excellence in animal medicine and surgery. To learn more about AAHA, please visit www.healthypet.com.